- Employer Purchases:
- Trackers will fire whenever an Employer makes a purchase on your site.
- Employer Registration:
- Trackers will fire whenever an Employer registers for an account.
- Profile Registration:
- Trackers will fire whenever a Job Seeker registers for an account.
- Job Application:
- Trackers will fire whenever a Job Seeker applies to a Job on your site using our apply form.
- Page View:
- Tracker will fire whenever the page is viewed.
This is a huge update for anyone that loves quantitative marketing, runs paid advertising or just wants more data on their job board.
Introducing Conversion Tracking
What is conversion tracking? Conversion tracking begins when a visitors clicks on one of your ads, or visitors your site. When a customer completes an action that you’ve defined as valuable, these customer actions are called conversions.
When configuring an advertising campaign, through an advertising provider (such as Google AdWords, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads or AdRoll), they will ask you to define the goal of your campaign. This could be whether they purchased a product, signed up an account or applied for a job. They will then provide a snippet of conversion code, which should be run when your goal takes place.
How can conversion tracking benefit me? By adding a snippet of code into our new ‘Conversion Tracking’ feature, you can:
- See which keywords, ads, ad groups and campaigns are best at driving valuable customer activity.
- Understand your return on investment (ROI) and make better informed decisions about your ad spend.
- Use Smart Bidding strategies (such as target CPA, enhanced CPC and target ROAS) that automatically optimise your campaigns according to your business goals.
- See how many customers may be interacting with your ads on one device or browser and converting on another.
- Monitor visitor activity on your site.
How else can I use conversion tracking? You can also add conversion code from other services, such as Google Analytics, or affiliate tracking software. This would enable you to see conversions in Google Analytics, or monitor the performance of your affiliates, and reward accordingly. For instructions on setting this up, see our updated documentation.
What data can I receive from conversion tracking?
- Employer Purchases: In a script tag with ID sales_json, you will find a unique identifier for the purchase, the total amount, any coupon code used, the employer ID and an array, listing all products in their purchase, including name, individual price and product ID.
- Employer Registration: In a script tag with ID employer-json, you will find a unique identifier, the employer email address and the company name provided.
- Profile Registration: In a script tag with ID profile-json, you will find a unique identifier, the candidate email address, first name and last name provided.
- Job Application: In a script tag with ID applicant-json, you will find the applicants email address, first name, last name and details of the job applied to – including the job unique identifier and the title of the job
How to use ‘Conversion Tracking’
- Go to Site Config, then click ‘Conversion Tracking’
- Add your ‘Conversion Tracking’ code to the relevant field
- If you require data from the page – such as value of sale, you’ll need to access this from the page using JSON. Reach out to support for this – we’re happy to help!
Tips on using this new feature
- Run ad campaigns? Setup conversion goals and copy in the embed code.
- Use Re-marketing Use AdRoll or Perfect Audience to run a re-marketing campaign. This will bring visitors back to your website, by displaying ads across the web for your site.
- Increase Revenue Send conversion events to your CRM for follow-up