Effective Date: May, 23 2018
Last Updated: May 12, 2020
The jobboard.io website (the, “Website”) is owned and operated by ZipRecruiter, Inc., a Delaware corporation based in Santa Monica, California (“ZipRecruiter,” “we,” or “us“). For more information about ZipRecruiter, please see https://www.ziprecruiter.com/about.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE
2. WHAT ARE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
4. HOW TO TURN OFF OR CONTROL COOKIES
5. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHY
6. HOW TO CONTACT US
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. Cookies enable us to analyze how our Website is used and to monitor the performance of our Website so we can create the best user experience.
2. WHAT ARE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
Our services do not respond to Do Not Track (“DNT“) signals on your browser. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
4. HOW TO TURN OFF OR CONTROL COOKIES
Please note that certain areas of our Website can only be accessed by having cookies enabled and you should be aware that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of our content and accessing all the features of our services.
Safari iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod touch)
- A number of websites provide information on cookies including:
- New technologies such as Mozilla’s https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-do-i-turn-do-not-track-feature allows you to tell websites not to track you
- Internet Explorer has a feature called https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/internet-explorer which allows you to import a list of websites you want to block
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful opt out information here: FTC Online Tracking
- To see which of the most common third-party advertising companies have placed a cookie on your device for the purpose of behavioral advertising, as well as to turn these cookies on or off: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices
- To opt out of Google Analytics for all websites: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- To opt out of advertising cookies from Google’s ad services: https://www.google.com/settings/ads
Data Subjects in the United Kingdom and European Economic Area
In addition to the above tools, data subjects in the European Economic Areas may control cookies by utilizing our Cookie Consent Manager.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the Information Commissioner’s webpage on cookies: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies
5. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHY?
- First Party Cookies: Whether a cookie is ‘first’ or ‘third’ party cookie refers to the website or domain placing the cookie. In our case, first party cookies are those placed by us and involves assigning a unique identity to you by setting the cookie with a view to tracking your journey on our Website.
The cookies that we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Session cookies—these allow our Website to link your actions during a particular browser session. These expire each time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards
- Persistent cookies—these are stored on your device in between browser sessions. These allow your preferences or actions across our Website to be remembered. These will remain on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache
In addition, the cookies that we place on your device may also be:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential for you to be able to navigate our Website and use its features. Without these cookies, the services you have asked for could not be provided
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about how you use our Website, e.g., which pages you go to most often. These cookies do not collect personally identifiable information about you. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and anonymous, and is only used to improve how our Website works
- Functionality cookies: these cookies allow our Website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language, last action and search preferences) and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites
- Third-Party Cookies: These are cookies that are set by a domain other than ZipRecruiter. Where we work with third-parties, they may set cookies, web beacons or similar technologies to deliver the services that they are providing. For example, to help us analyze how you use our Website, which third-party websites you came from, detect or prevent fraud or collect information about your activities on our Website.
- Targeting Cookies: These are also known as advertising cookies and are used to deliver content or advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. You can opt-out of targeted advertising by visiting the following websites:
- Web Beacons: We use “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to help deliver cookies and gather usage and performance data. We and/or our third-party analytics providers may employ web beacons to help us better manage content on our Website by informing us of what content is effective. In addition, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients. The information is used to enable more accurate reporting, improve the effectiveness of our marketing, and make our services better for our users.
- Passive Information:We gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Website.
To find more information about the individual cookies and tracking technologies we use and the purposes for which we use them, please click to view our Cookie Table. We will update the Cookie Table from time-to-time.
6. HOW TO CONTACT US