Effective Date: May 25, 2018
The jobboard.io website is owned and operated by ZipRecruiter, Inc., a Delaware corporation.
You may have different privacy rights under applicable laws depending on the country you are in when you visit or access our Website.
Click on the links below to jump to each section:
- Key Terms
- Data We Collect About You
- How Data Is Collected
- How We Use Your Data
- Who We Share Your Data With
- Where your Data is Transferred
- How Long Your Data Will Be Kept
- You Data Subject Access Rights
- Cookies & Tracking Technologies
- Data Security
- Links to Third Party Websites and Social Media Features
- California Privacy Rights
- How to Complain & Inquiries
- Minors & Children
- How to Contact Us
1. KEY TERMS
|The Ziprecruiter Group||This means ZipRecruiter Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, ZipRecruiter UK Ltd. and ZipRecruiter Israel Ltd.|
|Non-Personal Data||“Non-Personal Data” means data that is not considered Personal Data under applicable law. We reserve the right to treat data as Personal Data or Non-Personal Data based on the law applicable to the data and the data subject.|
|Personal Data||“Personal data” means any information or pieces of information that could identify you either directly (e.g., your name) or, where required by applicable law indirectly (e.g., through pseudonymised data, such as a unique ID number). This means that Personal Data includes things like email/home addresses, usernames, user generated content, financial information, and health information. It could also include certain Technical Data (defined below) such as unique numerical identifiers like your computer’s IP address or your mobile device’s MAC address, as well as cookies (“Device IDs”), where required by applicable law|
|Special Categories of Personal Data||This refers to sensitive Personal Data that reveals racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; Genetic and biometric data; and Data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.|
|Other Defined Terms||Capitalized terms have the definition where defined below.|
|EEA||Refers to the European Economic Area.|
2. DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
As permitted by applicable law in the country from which you access our Website and use our services, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of Personal Data about you. We have grouped these into the following categories of Personal Data:
- “Identity Data” such as first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier.
- “Contact Data” such as billing addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
- “Financial Data” such as payment card details. However, please note that payment methods (e.g., credit card number and/or Paypal and/or bank account details) are not collected by us directly, but by secure payment service providers.
- “Transaction Data” such as details about payments to and from you, and details regarding the services that you have subscribed to in relation to this Website.
- “Technical Data” such as Device IDs, your login data, access dates and times, browser type and version, device information, cookie data, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
- “Profile Data” such as your username and password, orders made by you, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- “Usage Data” such as information about how you use our Website, products and services.
- “Marketing and Communications Data” such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third-parties and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your Personal Data but is not considered Personal Data since it does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
If You Fail to Provide Personal Data Where Required to Provide Services to You
Where we need to collect Personal Data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, or a prospective contract, and you fail to provide that Personal Data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel the service you have with us (or requested from us), and you accept that as a condition of service.
Data That We Do Not Collect
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you.
3. HOW DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect Personal Data from and about you including, for example:
You may give us your identity, contact, billing and other information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes Personal Data you provide when you:
- sign-up for a free trial;
- sign-up for a paid subscription;
- create an account on our Website;
- request information to be sent to you;
- give us some feedback; or
- otherwise submit Personal Data to us.
Automated Technologies or Interactions. As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data and Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this Personal Data and Non-Personal Data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data and Usage Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies and other Tracking Technologies (defined below). For more information regarding our use of Tracking Technologies, please refer to “Cookies and Similar Technologies” below.
Third Parties. We may receive Personal Data in the form of Technical Data and Usage Data about you from various third-parties such as analytics providers or advertising networks.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We will only use your Personal Data where permitted by i.e., when we have a business or commercial reason to use your personal data. For example:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into with you or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
- Where you have given us your consent
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we use your Personal Data, and the legal basis that we rely upon to do so; we will amend this table as required. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We have also provided you with an explanation of some of the terms we use in this table:
- ‘Legitimate Interest’ means our interest in conducting and managing our business to enable us to provide you with our services, including our Website.
- ‘Performance of Contract’ means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- ‘Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation’ means processing your Personal Data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
- ‘Consent’ means that you consent to our use of your personal data for one or more specific purposes.
|CONTEXT In which YOUR PERSONAL DATA is COLLECTED||WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU||How we MAY use your personal data||OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA|
When you create an account on our Website or sign up for a free trial or paid subscription
· Other information you have shared with us about yourself (e.g. via your “My Account” page), by contacting us, or a question via the chat function
|· To process your order|
· To enable you to receive our services
· To manage our relationship with you
· To manage payments, fees and charges. Please note that payment methods (e.g., credit card number and/or Paypal and/or bank account details) are not collected by us directly, but by secure payment service providers
· To collect monies owed to us
· To communicate with you regarding our services
|· To perform our contract with you so you can use our services|
· For our legitimate interests to receive and/or recover monies owed to us, to operate our business, and to keep our records updated
|Website Administration||· Identity|
|· To provide administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud|
· To troubleshoot
· To perform data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data
· To run analytics or collect statistics
· To monitor and improve our website
|· For our legitimate interests to running our business|
· To perform our contract with you and provide services to you
|Online Browsing Where your Personal Data may be collected by cookies or similar technologies|
and data analytics
|· Usage Data such as where you came from; login details; pages you looked at; duration of your visit; and/or specifics of the services you have selected|
· Technical Data such as your IP address; browser information; device information; and/or
|· To improve our Website, products/services and your user experience|
· To run analytics and collect statistics
· To enable our Website to function properly (ensure proper display of content); create and remember your account login details; interface personalization, such as language, or any user-interface customization (i.e. parameters attached to your device including your screen resolution or font preference), etc.
· Understand how you discovered our Website
|· For our legitimate interests to analyse and improve our Website and services; to improve your user experience; to better engage with you; and to keep our Website updated and relevant|
· Consent, when required, to store cookies on your device
Where we make suggestions and recommendations to you about products and/or services that may be of interest to you
|· To form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you to optimize your use of our services||· Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)|
Where your personal data is collected when you ask questions relating to our services and/or your account
· Other personal data you provide in relation to your enquiry
· Content of chats, messages, or enquiries; number of messages you’ve sent and received; when you viewed a message; who responded to your chats
|· Answer and manage your enquiries|
· Run analytics and statistics
· Add your questions or concerns to your profile so we can understand your interests and preferences
· Troubleshoot any problems that you are experiencing
|· Performance of our contract with you|
· Our legitimate interests: (i) to better engage with you; and (ii) to enter into a contract with you
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (data subject access rights)
5. WHO WE SHARE YOU DATA WITH
We may share Personal Data with the following parties:
- Companies within our corporate family that comprise the ZipRecruiter Group. Access to your Personal Data will be controlled and only granted where necessary to provide our services to you and/or to allow us to perform any necessary or legitimate functions.
- Service providers that we use to support our business and help provide our services to you, including, but not limited to, third-parties that host our Website, assist us to verify your identity, perform website and platform maintenance, risk assessments, and security, perform data and web analytics, provide databases, IT services, customer service, payment platforms and credit card processing, communication services, and email services
- We require all third-parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your Personal Data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions
- Professional advisers such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, financial, auditing, and accounting services to us so we can operate our business
- Taxing authorities, such as the Internal Revenue Service and other authorities acting as processors based in the United States, the United Kingdom and other applicable countries, who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances
- Fraud prevention and identity verification services where we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ZipRecruiter, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with third-parties for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention, and credit risk reduction
- Third-parties where you have expressly consented to the disclosure of your Personal Data
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, supervisory authorities, regulatory bodies and certain other third-parties, to the extent that we are permitted or required to do so by law, or in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, or in the interests of national security, or to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity
6. WHERE YOUR DATA IS TRANSFERRED
We transfer Non-Personal Data in accordance with applicable laws. We share your Personal Data within the ZipRecruiter Group as permitted by applicable law. This means that the Personal Data that we collect from you may be transferred to, accessed in, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area In such event, we ensure your Personal Data is protected by requiring companies within the ZipRecruiter Group to follow the same rules when processing your Personal Data. These rules are called “binding corporate rules”.
Many of our external third-parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. If you are accessing the Website from within the EEA, when we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it.
7. HOW LONG YOUR DATA WILL BE KEPT
8. YOUR DATA SUBJECT ACCESS RIGHTS (for data subjects in the EEA)
Data subjects in the EEA have the following rights with respect to their Personal Data:
|YOUR RIGHTS||WHAT CAN YOU REQUEST|
|Right to Information||The right to know what Personal Data we hold about you and how we use it.|
|Right to Access||The right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data (subject to certain restrictions).|
|Right of Rectification||The right to require us to correct any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us. If you have a user account with us, you also have the option of correcting your information directly in your account.|
|Right to erasure/be forgotten||This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure and in such circumstances, will notify our reasons to you.|
|Right to restrict processing||The right to require us to restrict processing of your Personal Data, i.e., you can request that we suspend the processing of your Personal Data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.|
|Right to request data portability||In certain circumstances, you have the right to request the transfer of your Personal Data to you or to a third party in a commonly used machine-readable format. Note, however, that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.|
|Right to object to processing||You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data in the following circumstances: (i) at any time to your Personal Data being processed for direct marketing (including profiling); or (ii) in certain other situations, to our continued processing of your Personal Data, e.g., our processing of your Personal Data when such processing is based on our legitimate interests. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.|
|Right to withdraw consent at any time||You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.|
|Right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision-making||The right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing (including profiling) that produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. However, your right does not apply if: (i) you gave us your explicit consent to use your personal data to make our decision; (ii) we are allowed by law to make our decision; or (iii) our automated decision was necessary to enable us to enter into a contract with you.|
Method for Requesting Information Pursuant to Your Rights
If you would like to exercise any of the data subject access rights in the table above (each, an “Access Request”) please send an email to [email protected] and we will send you a Data Subject Access Request Form.
No Fee Usually Required
You will not usually be required to pay a fee to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What We May Need from You
Once we receive your Access Request, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit to Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
9. COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
If you are accessing the Website from other than the EEA, you understand that we apply U.S. law and the U.S. advertising industry self-regulatory program to Tracking Technologies associated with the Website.
10. DATA SECURITY
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data we process about you.
However, no transmission of information via the Internet or wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Data, you acknowledge that there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control and accordingly, the security, integrity and privacy of data exchanged between you and us through the Website cannot be guaranteed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected Personal Data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your login or account credentials with anyone and keep your account information secure. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards, where information will be available to other users of the Website. If you believe that your access credentials or Personal Data have been compromised, please contact us immediately.
11. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Our Website may from time to time, contain links to third-party services such as websites, locations, platforms, applications or services operated by third parties. If you follow a link to or otherwise access any of these third-party services, these third-party services may use their own cookies, web beacons, and other Tracking Technology to independently collect information about you and may solicit Personal Data from you. Please note that these third-party services have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these parties’ policies or practices. Please check these policies before you share any Personal Data with these third-party services.
The Website may include tools provided by us or third-party services that enable you to send a message to another person. If you use any such tools, please ensure that you only send messages to persons to whom you have permission to send messages. Absent the recipient’s consent, we will only use their Personal Data that you provide us to facilitate such messages.
12. CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information (as defined by the California Shine the Light Act) to third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we provide them with an ability to exercise choice regarding such disclosures. We comply with this law by providing California residents with the ability to opt-out of, or prospectively withdraw their consent, if they have previously opted-in to, the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, to receive confirmation of how we comply with this law, or to make a request or to opt out at any time, please contact us [email protected] or mail us at the address provided in Section 17 below. Any request must include “California Privacy Rights Request” in the first line of the description and must include the requestor’s name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code.
13. HOW TO COMPLAIN & ENQUIRIES
All Data Subjects
If you have any complaint about the treatment of your Personal Data, or inquiries regarding our data practices, please contact us as set forth in Section 17 so we may resolve any query or concern you have.
Data Subjects Based in the European Economic Area
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) country where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
We may use your Personal Data to send you information about the services provided by the ZipRecruiter Group; provided, however that we will obtain consent to do so from EEA data subjects. You may unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails by clicking “Unsubscribe” in any promotional e-mail communications we send you. As permitted by applicable law, you cannot opt-out of non-marketing, services-related notices.
16. MINORS & CHILDREN
Our Services and the Website are not intended for use by persons under the age of 18 years. ZipRecruiter does not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register to use our Website. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Data of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data to the extent required by applicable law as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
17. HOW TO CONTACT US
|Type of Enquiry||Contact||Email address||Mailing Address||Telephone||LIVE CHAT|
|Data Subject Access Rights||Data Privacy Representative||[email protected]||See Below||Request by Mail or Email||Send Request by Mail or Email|
|General Privacy-Related Questions||Data Privacy Representative||[email protected]||See Below||Request by Mail or Email||Send Request by Mail or Email|
|Technical Support||Customer Service||[email protected]||See Below||1-843-580-3860|
(9am – 9pm EST)
|General Customer Service Enquiries||Customer Service||[email protected]||See Below||1-843-580-3860|
(9am – 9pm EST)
|U.S. Mailing Address||U.K. Mailing Address|
Attn: Business Affairs
604 Arizona Avenue,
Santa Monica, CA 90401, USA
|ZipRecruiter UK Ltd.|
C/o Fieldfisher LLP
2 Swan Lane,
London, EC4R, England, UK
|ZipRecruiter UK Ltd.|
Company No. 9988220